Graduate Market Trends
: The HECSU journal
Graduate Market Trends (GMT) is HECSU's quarterly journal. It provides high quality information about contemporary debates in higher education, graduate employment and career learning.
Latest edition - Spring 2016
In this edition we address the most contested themes in this spring's HE, skills and careers agendas:
- For she's a jolly good fellow! GMT interviews Dame Professor Julia Goodfellow, Vice Chancellor, the University of Kent, President UUK
- Sector Opinion: Enjoy our regular column with Brian Hipkin, Vice Chair of AMOSSHE and author
- Social mobility and graduate outcomes: Nik Miller, Director of The Bridge Group, reports
- Fulfilling our potential! Bob Athwal, Director of Student Experience at The University of Leicester provides an insight into his team's transformational employability work.
- Eastern promise: Femi Bola, Director of Employability at The University of East London reports on UEL graduates' career paths
- A framework for embedding employability in HE: By Doug Cole, Head of Employability and Strategy at the Higher Education Academy
- Graduate Migration 2015: An exclusive research article by Charlie Ball, Head of HE Intelligence at Prospects.
- It's decison time! Making decisions about PG study: Dr Robin Mellours-Bourne, acting Chief Executive and Director of Research and intelligence, CRAC, reports.
- For the sake of young people's prospects: Shakira Martin, Vice President for further education, NUS, talks about a new campaign calling for increased investment in the sector.
Read the digital version of Graduate Market Trends Spring 2016 edition
Sign up to the Graduate Market Trends e-newsletter
- Dame Professor Julia Goodfellow Vice Chancellor, The University of Kent, President, Universities UK
- Sorana Vieru Vice President, NUS
- Aaron Porter Director of External Affairs, NCUB
- Stephen Isherwood CEO, The Association of Graduate Recruiters
- Nick Davy HE Policy Manager, The Association of Colleges
- Steve Besley Head of UK Education Policy, Pearson Education Ltd
- Vivienne Stern Director of the International Unit
- Nick Hillman Director of the Higher Education Policy Institute
- Dr Sue Rigby Vice Principal of Learning and Teaching, University of Edinburgh
- Nicola Dandridge Chief Executive of Universities UK
- Dr David Docherty CEO of the National Centre for Universities and Business
- Dr Deirdre Hughes, OBE Chair of the National Careers Council
- Professors Kate Purcell and Claire Callendar principal investigators of Futuretrack and Futuretrack Part-time studies respectively
- Janet Beer Vice Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University
- Jenny Bimrose Professor at the University of Warwick
- Alan Milburn Independent Reviewer of Social Mobility and Child Poverty
- David Willetts MP Minister for Universities and Science
- Paul Redmond Head of Careers, University of Liverpool
- Steve Besley Head of Policy at Pearson Learning
- Carl Gilleard CEO of the AGR
- Julia King Vice Chancellor of Aston University
All interviews © Higher Education Careers Services Unit